The one-off, special offer, that we announced last May proved very popular and existing and new members enjoyed the benefits. The number of rounds of golf played bears this out.
As promised in my membership renewal/new application correspondence at that time, we have reviewed the membership structures and pricing going into the 2021-2022 season.
There are a couple of key factors we have considered in this process:
- There is still a degree of uncertainty about the forthcoming year’s golf because of the on-going Coronavirus pandemic and the associated restrictions that may be applied.
- We recognise and appreciate our membership’s loyalty and their understanding of the contribution that The Golf College makes to the club.
There is always a balance to be met between the needs of The Golf College and the desires of the members club.
We have worked, and will continue to work, to get this balance right.
- We continue to be determined to provide an excellent value-for-money golf experience for our members.
- We want to simplify the membership structure, rather than have a plethora of membership categories.
Taking these factors into account we have decided to remain with just two membership categories for adults and one membership category for juniors, and to offer a significant discount on our previous membership fee of £699 p.a. (plus union fees).
The fees for the period 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 will be as follows:
- Full Adult Membership Fee – £499 (plus union fees)
- Over-80 Membership Fee – £400 (plus union fees)
- Full Junior Membership fee – £150 (plus union fees)
- Union Fees will be £18.90 for male members and £21.00 for female members
The Union Fees that you paid on (or after) 14th June 2020 were for the England Golf and Sussex County Golf Union golfing year of 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2020.
The Union Fees we will be collecting from you in 2021 will be for the England Golf and Sussex County Golf Union golfing year of 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2021.
England Golf and Sussex County Golf Union do not pro-rata their charges for union fees.
HMRC recently decreed that proprietary golf clubs should charge v.a.t. on Golf Union Fees.)
These fees apply for all memberships taken out before 1st April 2021.
Memberships taken out after 1st April will be calculated as a pro-rata charge based on our previous fee of £699 (plus union fees) – i.e.
As with last year we are not asking members to top-up their Gold Cards at the time of renewal due to the uncertainty as to when the clubhouse food and beverage facilities will be permitted to re-open.
As last year the preferred method of payment would be by:
- By Bank Transfer to
Account Name: The Golf College Group Limited
Sort Code: 20-23-97
Account No: 83361330 Ref: <initials and surname>
- Depending on circumstances at the time of renewal we may be able to take payments by credit card at the bar in the clubhouse.
There are inevitably conditions applying to this, again, exceptional offer:
- By taking out a membership of Lindfield Golf Club for the period 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 you are, in effect entering a new membership arrangement with Lindfield Golf Club. Previous privileged and conditions cannot be assumed to apply.
- Range Balls are not included in this membership.
- Due to capacity issues the Driving Range will be reserved for Golf College use during College term times and College hours.
Depending on HM Gov guidance use of the Short Game area and Putting Green may be similarly restricted
These facilities may also be closed during other times due to factors including (but not exclusive to) College Open Days, due to adverse ground conditions and due to HM Gov guidance.
- As a member you will be able to book tee times as shown, at any particular time, on the on-line tee time booking system.
Factors such as first and last tee times, tee time interval and maximum group size will be determined by Lindfield Golf Club Management.
Certain Tee times during College term time will be reserved for the exclusive use of The Golf College.
The management reserve the right to take advance tee time bookings for Golf Societies, groups and visitors.
- This membership offer is a one-time non-refundable membership offer for the membership year from 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022.
Lindfield Golf Club will not refund membership fees (or parts thereof) in the event that use of the facilities are limited due to factors out of our direct control, such as (but not limited to) HM Government guidance or weather conditions.